Friday, April 16, 2010

Oops...

It's Been two weeks since I last posted anything? Man, I have some problems. You all know I can talk at great lengths, so why is this any different? I have no idea but I feel like I have let you all down and I hope you let me make it up to you. Again. So I'll go right into my movie review.
Kick-Ass was amazing.
I'm a big fan of the comic, but I gotta tell ya, it seemed like moving over to a movie format may not be the easiest thing. And I was wrong. The first half was pretty similar to what set-ups the book has but the back end is a bit different. And I think I may actually have like the movie version a little better. I loved it. I think the only thing I didn't like were some of the cliched Italians. And that's only because I wish I were more in touch with my heritage as one. It was a great movie. If you can stand the blood and violence and language, go see it. Every comic geek should be there at some point. Unless you don't like blood and violence and language. Then skip it. But you should go anyway. You know how I know I really loved it? I actually like Nic Cage. And I hate that dudes acting. But I really liked him in this. Go see it. I can't say it enough.

5 comments:

  1. Don't worry Cliff, they've all been reading my blog while you were gone http://atworld42.blogspot.com/ (shameless plug. Actually that's not true, like one person from here read my blog, 2 if you count me. But yeah, I need to see Kick-Ass it looks. . . well it looks kick-ass. Oh and one more thing. . . you're Italian?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only the bottom half of him is Italian...

    ReplyDelete
  3. ba-doom tss (in case you can't tell, that's me writing out a rim-shot)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My grandfather was 100% Eye-Talian. Leno Bertagnolli. If I actually had body hair, I would totally try to be a stero-type. Maybe get some parts in movies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I gotta paraphrase what Steven Tyler said about the Aerosmith record "Rocks" when describing this flick: It's called "Kick-Ass 'cuz it is and it does.

    ReplyDelete