Tuesday, July 19, 2011

A New Superman

With the whole relaunch of the DCU, they have come out and finally said the differences with the new Superman.
He is not Married to Lois, nor was there ever a marriage between the two. It's a little bit like Mephisto has his grubby hands in the DCnU now too.
However, the bigger change (at least inn my opinion) is what the probable reason for that is. Pa and Ma Kent are dead in the post-Flashpoint world, leaving young Clark without the humanity connection. DC described him as "more Kal-El from the planet Krypton than Clark Kent from Kansas". I could see this being a reason why he would never "settle down" with an Earth woman. With the embracing of his alien heritage, we get the new suit. It is apparently Kryptonian, ceremonial armor. Not quite sure what the practicality of armor is when you can't be hurt but at least they have given a reason for it.
I'm a bit uncertain about this one. I still like change for him. Seventy years is a long time to be a boyscout but it also depends on how it pans out. I love that Grant Morrison is on Action. I will absolutely be getting that one to see how it goes but I do have that fear that this will turn into another Batman run more than an All-Star run.
Ah well. Sound off and let me know if ya care about it or not. Does anyone but me even read comics anymore? I'll turn you all into believers again eventually.

1 comment:

  1. It'll definitely be interesting to see all the things that make Superman Superman taken away. Superman being an alien, but still more human than most is what's appealing about him. I'd like to see what happens when all that's taken away, but I probably won't pick it up. Green Lantern all the way!

    ReplyDelete