Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The King of Kong


I just finished watching The King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters and I have to say that I was thoroughly impressed. I have not rooted for the "good guy" that much in a very long time. The story is fairly simple in that it chronicles the journey of two men trying to lay claim to the highest score on Donkey Kong. Very quickly, however, you learn that this isn't about "may the best man win". This is about pride and integrity and proving to be a man of your word. I know in being a geek, I am a little biased towards something with this subject matter but Billy Mitchell is a douche. And so are the guys who help him. And that's all I'm giving you. If you want more, you'll have to watch it. If you have netflix, then it'll be real simple because its an instant watch through them. Do it. You will not be disappointed. And if you do, watch the credits. They have some of those "where are they now" blurbs at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment