Sunday, July 4, 2010

How I Stole From Adam Chapter Three: Road House


My boss Debi gave me her extra copy of Road House the other day and I decided to finally watch it. Road House is the story of this lovely lady who is brought in to help clean up a bar and get rid of the scum and villainy that have taken it over. The lady-bouncer, Dalton (played by Patrick Swayze, though I think they got her name wrong cuz I do believe I have heard of her before and it's Patricia Swayze. Probably one of them movie pseudonyms though), has a long reputation of being a bad mother (figuratively, since we never see her with any kids). She quickly takes over the reigns of the Double Deuce, ridding it of the trash that actually works there and moving on to those who patron. While there, however, she finds out that a rich and evil man pretty much runs the entire town and he is now after her for ruining his "business". But things only get worse when she actually starts dating the lady that the rich man likes and that doesn't sit well either. The rich man sends every thug and hillbilly he can find after her but she just keeps kicking all their asses, some with the help of her old friend played by Sam Elliot (yes, the Sam Elliot). Can she somehow save the town from this tyranny and save the relationship with the lovely lady?....

Yes.

I was actually quite surprised by this movie. First, it was actually a pretty hard R rating with violence, language and nudity which completely threw me off guard. But mostly I was surprised that I really liked it. It's one of those "manly man" kinda movies and I didn't think it would be possible. Swayze actually ripped out some dudes throat at one point. His throat! And I approve. I would say that if you haven't seen it, you should give it a shot. I never knew a chick could kick this much ass, especially Patricia Swayze.

1 comment:

  1. Roadhouse is HILARIOUS!!! I'm not sure it's intended to be, but it is.

    ReplyDelete