Tuesday, July 27, 2010

My Con-clusion

I'm actually not trying to brag this time when I tell you that this was an amazing Con. I really don't know how another Con will compare. I went from meeting and getting a sketch of Doc Seismic from Ryan Ottley (of Invincible which you should be reading if you are not) to watching Ryan Reynolds give his Lantern ring to a 10-year-old (in what may be one of the single coolest and classiest things I've seen). From turning around right into Black Scrubs to being 5 or 6 rows in front of that guy who was stabbed in the eye (which was pretty fucking crazy. And I don't mind cursing because it was absolutely crazy). I was there for the Chris-es at the Cap and Thor panel as well as the surprise introduction of the entire Avengers line-up (including new Bruce Banner Mark Ruffalo). I was there when Hit-Girl told us her mom won't let her watch R-rated movies and I was there for Harrison Ford's first Con appearance ever. And I was certainly there for this picture of the best sandwich ever.
Awesome, awesome time and I am super glad I somehow choose this year to go again. But it's a little out of hand it seems and I'm also glad I don't do it every year. It felt a little like it's the new mall. Like "It's that time of the year. Guess we'll go hang out at Con". But I digress. Great time and I am sorry you guys couldn't go with me. Maybe we can all plan for it the next time.

4 comments:

  1. I'm really not happy that I didn't go this year. It would've great year. But I'm going next year, no matter what it takes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you made it back alive. Sounds like it was so much fun. Wish I could have gone. Sarah, Ryan,and I are going next year, I'm already super excited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I gotta' go next year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so jealous that you were able to go to comic con and I was stuck taking finals. I am so going next year and I don't care what anyone says.

    ReplyDelete