Thursday, August 16, 2012

Clif-Notes: The Raid - Redemption

Back in January, I posted a trailer for a foreign move called The Raid. Released on dvd this week and retitled The Raid: Redemption for us Americans, I am pleased to announce that this movie blew my ever-frakin' mind!
The story is pretty simple. A police squad is storming an apartment building that is ran by a not-so-nice crime lord and trying to take him out one level at a time (yes, Dredd does seem to have stolen this story). Only the evil-doer finds out about them and puts an open bounty on the officers' heads. What ensues is some of the most brutal and intense action I have seen in a very, very long time.
Five minutes into the movie, we get our ruthless baddie executing dudes with a gun to the head. When he runs outta bullets, he resorts to a hammer for the last guy, showing us just how mean he plans on being. Throughout the movie there are times where my stomach felt in knots as the good guys tried their best to not be seen or to stay alive. One scene in particular with darkness and the light of gunfire was one of the most memorable moments from any action movie I can remember.
I want to sit here and tell about every single scene that got my blood pumping and every single plot that made me love and hate the characters but the only real way to do that is to tell you to watch it. This is how action movies should be. Everything in. No holds barred. Kick ass or die. If you like action in any way, go watch this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment