Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Child of the 80's

The Chipmunk Adventure (1987)
I loved the Chipmunks growing up. From Mr T. helping them out to Theodore being trapped in a record costume that everyone else thought was a tire. More so, I'm a fan of the movie The Chipmunk Adventure.
In what may be the largest movie case of child endangerment ever, the Chipmunks and the Chipettes race around the world in hot air balloons. Why would they do this? For the most obvious reason of Alvin and Brittany get in an argument over who would win such a race after Brittany beat him at it in an arcade game. And the argument just happened to take place in front of Klaus and Claudia Vorstein, brother and sister diamond smugglers. These sets of kids are the perfect way for them to trade out money and diamonds across the globe, conveniently hidden in dolls made to look like each of the kids. Along the way, they all get into their own perils and eventually have to help each other out as they come to find what they have actually been doing the whole time.
I'm pretty sure this is the reason why I like musicals so much. The songs still put a smile on me to this day, with Girls of Rock and Roll being my favorite (make from that whatever you would like). It was also a kid's wet dream to do this. Who wouldn't want a balloon ride around the world? I'd pee myself and I still want one.
Overall, this move had everything a kid could enjoy. Action, adventure, sharks, danger, mischief, money, dancing cobras, crazy Aborigines, fiestas, baby penguins, a fat kid who wants nothing more than to eat, Wooly Bully, alligators (or crocodiles, I don't know the difference), twerps ("what is a twerp?") and singing at the Parthenon. I don't care what people say about it today, The Chipmunk Adventure is a great cartoon and a great time to be had.

No comments:

Post a Comment