Tuesday, October 30, 2012

New Wars to Come

It was announced to day that Disney has bought Lucasfilm for $4.05 billion & stock. Along with Star Wars, this now gives Disney not only STar Wars but films like Indiana Jones. More over, Episode VII is now slated for a 2015 release, with VIII and IX planned for every two or three years after that. Lucas himself will still serve as creative consultant for the movies.
"For the past 35 years, one of my greatest pleasures has been to see Star Wars passed from one generation to the next," Lucas is quoted in Disney's press release. "It's now time for me to pass Star Wars on to a new generation of filmmakers. I've always believed that Star Wars could live beyond me, and I thought it was important to set up the transition during my lifetime. I'm confident that with Lucasfilm under the leadership of Kathleen Kennedy, and having a new home within the Disney organization, Star Wars will certainly live on and flourish for many generations to come."
Disney, having bought Marvel, may have new plans in store for the Dark Horse comic lines but no word was given.
I may be one of the few, but I'm all for new Wars in most any way and the fact that new blood is gonna be behind it can't be a bad thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment