Thursday, February 24, 2011

Clif-Notes: I Am Number Four

I Am Number Four tells the story of a fallen planet, whose only survivors (nine children and their protectors) escape to Earth until they can to full power and can take back their lives. If they can survive the Mogadorians. who are still hunting them. As we start up, we see the death of Number Three, leaving our main character "John Smith"/Number Four next.
The front half of the movie was pretty slow. Four has to keep low but just can't seem to do it. He befriends the science nerd who is also an alien conspiracy-nut. He falls for the girl who loves photography and has bullying problems with her ex-boyfriend, the school jock. However, what the front part lacks in... well, mostly everything, the back half makes up for in spades. Four begins manifesting his powers, the Mogadorians close in and we get a sweet, bad-ass chick in Number Six, who has been taking the hunt into her own hands.
This movie was pretty Awesome. It had it's crap parts and it had it's great parts. Maybe it's just the geek in me but I'm a sucker for stories with any kind of super-powers. If they ever make a sequel, all the high school crap will now be left out and I'm hoping that the awesome fights the last thirty minutes of this one, will fill it front to back. Sadly, it probably won't do well enough to warrant a sequel but I will keep my hopes up.
I say it's worth watching, but I would also say that you could easily wait until dvd to rent it.

No comments:

Post a Comment