Thursday, February 3, 2011

Clif-Notes: The Mechanic

I'm warning all of you that this post will be using harsh and vulgar language. I would like to think that at this point you all know that I can have a potty mouth so it should really come as no surprise, especially as it shall be used to describe the coolest fucking movie ever!
Ok, maybe not the coolest ever but I was pretty damned impressed. The Mechanic is a remake of the PG rated, Charles Bronson movie. Only rated R and probably much, much more bad-assed. Arthur (Jason Statham) is a hit man. He's good at what he does. Which is why when the higher-ups want his friend and mentor dead, he's the only one who can get close enough to do it. After that heartbreak, Arthur then befriends said mentor's son, Steve (Ben Foster) and begins to teach him the ways of killing. Little does Steve know Arthur's secret of his dad, and little do either of them know that not everything is as it seems.
I couldn't get enough of this movie. Dudes dying. Heads being shot. Shit blowing up. Boobs, Booze and Bullets. Everything needed to make one bad mother-fucker of a movie. Is there better out there? Absolutely. But is there more fun out there? Not right now. This movie will get no awards nor will it be the greatest thing you have ever seen, but it will give you a massive man-boner. I loved it. I can't wait to see it again. I really hope I'm not high and come tomorrow I realize this move sucked because that will really piss me off. Guess I'll just have to make watching this movie a daily matter. Deal. Glad y'all agree with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment