Thursday, June 9, 2011

Clif-Notes: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

With all the jazz going on about the neked poster for the American version (look it up if you want. It's not too bad on the eyes), I decided I wanted to finally get to watching the original version. With six months until it opens, I figure I've got good time to kinda forget the little things and maybe still be surprised.
Dragon Tattoo tells the story of a journalist who, after being found of libel, has six months before serving his "jail" time (that place looked nothing like any prison I've seen) and is hired to find a murderer. Forty years prior, a 16-year old girl went missing and her Uncle still believes one of the family responsible of foul play. As the man begins looking, he starts getting help from a hacker who has been following his case from his own computer. They soon team-up and try to solve a case nobody has been able to do.
I will start by giving this movie maybe one of the biggest compliments I can: it made me want to read the book. I would probably never actually finish it cuz I'm a bit slow like that but I want to try. There was great suspense, a pretty thought out mystery plot and a hot chick who takes her shirt off a few times. Noomi Rapace is super hot and for some reason, those spikes and piercings make her even hotter. Even though she really only had one really badass moment, I still wouldn't want to meet her in a dark alley. Hopefully she will also be hot in the Sherlock Holmes sequel, Game of Shadows.
Long story longer, this movie was pretty damned cool and it's gotten me a lot more stoked for the remake. If ya get 2 1/2 hours, check this movie out. Definitely worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment