Thursday, September 23, 2010

Clif-Notes: You Again


I really only have myself to blame. I didn't think this movie looked good but against my better judgment, I watched it last night. It was either that or WallStreet: Money Never Sleeps and I actually thought this one looked better than that one. But I will never know.
You Again tells the story of Marni (Kristen Bell), who finds out that after turning her life and self-image around from high school, he brother is now marrying the same girl (Joanna, played by Odette Yustman) who made her life hell during that period. Worse so, Joanna's only family and Aunt (Sigourney Weaver) had a bad, high-school fall-out with her best friend who also happens to be Marni's mother (Jamie Lee Curtis). And the chaos and bitterness and jealousy ensues...
Don't watch this movie. I guess there are gonna be some people who like this. I watched it with Heather at work and she didn't hate it but I almost lost my mind. I laughed twice. Once at the crazy Tim character and once at Betty White. That was it. I cringed more than anything. Bell and Yustman were hot at always, so I suppose it had that. Whatever. Skip this movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment