Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Clif-Notes: The Warrior's Way

I thought this movie was pretty awesome. Gonna be up-front with this. When I first saw a trailer, I was thinking that we may have another Ninja Assassin, which would be totally sweet cuz that movie may be one of the manliest movies ever. But I digress.
Warrior's Way tells the story of one clan's greatest assassin as he is on the run after refusing to kill the last member of their rival clan: a little baby. There is nothing about this movie that will make it millions upon millions at the box office or have it's name in every category for the Oscars but it's a great flick. Even Kate Bosworth was awesome. The plus of this movie was that I actually thought it was a great, very well told story. It actually reminded me of older samurai tales like Lone Wolf and Cub or even The Samurai Trilogy with Toshiro Mifune. I think the story goes right in hand with those. The Violence was pretty cool, though I expected more of it. The end battles were really awesome with a "strobe-light scene" that may even rival that from Kick-Ass.
I give this movie a great 8/10. Better than average but not quite at brilliant. Worth seeing. Twice.

1 comment: