Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Clif-Notes: Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides

I went into the new Pirates movie having only liked the first one. The second was ok but I hated the third and that brought down the second one since they were kind of a continuation so I had trepidation about this one.
On Stranger Tides tells of the legendary Jack Sparrow as he must work his way to the Fountain of Youth before the dreaded Blackbeard gets to it first. Along the way he must fight Barbossa some more, the undead and even man-eating mermaids.
I actually quite enjoyed this one. I know they made something like a bazillion dollars but I didn't know why another Pirates movie was needed. That being said, I would put this above the last two but better than one. It had quirky humor again and no annoying Legolas crying about being in love. And it had no giant toilet in the middle of the ocean. Plus, who was made more being a pirate more than Ian McShane? Penelope Cruz didn't get her words in the way of looking at her, which is always a good thing. I wanted Depp on the screen again. With 2 and 3, I got real tired of him. He was extremely played out and he needed his rest. Thankfully he got it and they did this one.
I would recommend seeing this one in theater. I didn't see it in 3D nor do I know if it will look good but there were quite a few parts that I would like to see in 3D so it may actually be worth it. Let me know if you do and if it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment